Coconut-Berry Baked Oatmeal
This modern spin on a classic dish is sure to delight! Ultra moist and customizable to your liking, this family favourite can be enjoyed as breakfast, snack, or dessert. Transform this into a gluten-free recipe by substituting gluten-free oats, quinoa, or buckwheat, and make it vegan by substituting flaxseeds and water. You can also experiment with other fruits, too!
• 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free substitute: gluten free oats, quinoa, or buckwheat)
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons Naked Coconuts Coconut Oil, softened
• 2 cups coconut milk
• 1 egg, beaten (vegan substitute: 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water, mixed)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups mixed berries
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Mix oats, coconut flakes, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
3. Whisk coconut milk, egg, Naked Coconuts coconut oil, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Mixture may be chunky; this is normal!
4. Arrange about 2/3 the berries into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spread the oat mixture over the berries.
5. Pour milk mixture over the oats and berries.
6. Sprinkle remaining berries evenly over the dish.
7. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle on top for a golden brown crisp.
8. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top and the oatmeal is set, about 40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.