Asian Pea Salad
Once you try this salad, you’ll be hooked! Substitute any of the vegetables and play with the sauce’s flavours as you wish. Like it spicy? Add more chili oil. Want more fibre? Add celery. This recipe also features Naked Coconut’s very own Soy-Free Seasoning Sauce, also known as Coconut Aminos: still packed with flavour, with 65% less sodium than traditional soy sauce! For fun variations on a classic Asian-inspired dish, experiment with Naked Coconuts Soy-Free Teriyaki Sauces, which comes in two flavours: Chili Garlic or Sesame Ginger.
• 3 Tbsp peanut butter
• 1 Tbsp Naked Coconuts Soy-Free Soy Sauce
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 1 tsp chili oil
• Juice of 1 lime
• 3 Tbsp brown sugar
• 8 oz snow peas, thinly sliced
• 1 cup bean sprouts
• 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
• 1 small bunch cilantro leaves
• 6 green onions, sliced
• ½ cup shredded coconut
• ½ cup peanuts
1. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, or place in a mason jar and shake well. Add enough water to thin dressing to the desired consistency.
1. Place snow peas, bean sprouts, red pepper, carrot, cilantro and green onions into a large salad bowl and toss well with the dressing.
2. Garnish with the coconut and peanuts.