TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Naked Coconuts may collect the following personal information from you when you create an account on www.nakedcoconuts.com: name, e-mail address, shipping address, billing address, and phone number. You will be provided with an option to allow Naked Coconuts to save your credit card number, which will be used for future purchases to expedite checkout.
You may consent to the use of personal information and you may withdraw consent to the use of this information (excluding purchase history information) at any time (subject to reasonable notice and the legal obligations Naked Coconuts is subject to). If no explicit consent is provided, your consent is implied. You may withdraw consent by contacting Naked Coconuts at the contact information provided below. Please note that withdrawing consent may result in a reduction in access to the website and to the specific features of the website customized to you based on personal information previously provided.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Naked Coconuts will use the personal information collected by it for the following reasons:
- To process purchase made on the Naked Coconuts website and to provide you with status updates;
- To improve our website features and content;
- To analyze website usage;
- For market research;
- To send you promotional materials and other information you request;
- To respond to your comments or questions; and
- To provide you with content that is customized to your interests based on the information you have provided to us and your activities on the site.
When you navigate www.nakedcoconuts.com, small files called ‘cookies’ may be attached to your web browser. These files identify your web browser and save information such as passwords so that websites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some websites may not work properly if you do this.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under no circumstances will your personal information, which we collect, be communicated or disseminated to third parties, unless this is necessary to carry out the services you request on www.nakedcoconuts.com. In the normal course of business, Naked Coconuts may disclose some personal information to service providers and suppliers. Naked Coconuts currently discloses personal information to the following third parties:
- Bluehost, Inc. – Bluehost hosts the www.nakedcoconuts.com website, and its servers are located within and outside Canada.
If personal information is disclosed to additional third parties, you will be informed of this disclosure and will be given the opportunity to consent or decline the additional disclosure. Each of the third parties who are given personal information by Naked Coconuts will be contractually bound to protect the personal information and may only use the information for the purposes of performing services on behalf of Naked Coconuts. You can withdraw consent to the disclosure of personal information to third parties by contacting Naked Coconuts in the manner described below at any time.
Naked Coconuts must also disclose personal information when required by law. For example, if Naked Coconuts is presented with a search warrant or other legal order or if personal information is requested from an investigative body in relation to a breach of the law, personal information may be disclosed. Moreover, Naked Coconuts may disclose personal information in order to collect a debt owed by you to Naked Coconuts.
PROTECTION OF PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will be processed directly by Naked Coconuts. Personal information will be processed by persons in charge of the processing for the purposes for which you have given your personal data and to carry out the operations connected with the services required in each section of the website. In particular, these persons will record, organize, keep, elaborate, modify, select, and use or delete personal data to carry out the operations necessary to perform an order (payment, packing, forwarding, refund, return of goods).
In the context of this website, the processing of personal information will be performed by Naked Coconuts and will be carried out using both paper and electronic tools.
Naked Coconuts is committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure and kept confidential. The following procedures are in place to ensure the security of your personal information:
- Administrative, technical, and physical safeguards are used to avoid unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of personal information.
- Access to personal information is only provided to representatives, associates, employees, and third parties on a need to know basis.
- All people employed by Naked Coconuts receive special training regarding privacy protection and confidentiality.
- All computers which store personal information are password-protected.
With respect to the processing of personal data, you will be entitled to do the following, either from the controller or from the processor:
- obtain a confirmation as to whether or not personal information relating to you has been collected, and whether such information is being used and/or disclosed to third parties;
- request the deletion of (i) your personal information which was collected, used or disclosed unlawfully, and (ii) personal information which was been collected but that is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected;
- request updating, rectification or, where applicable, completion of your personal information; and
- request a statement confirming that the operations requested above were performed.
Naked Coconuts will disclose breaches of your personal information as required by Provincial and Federal law in Canada.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Last modified: January 18, 2013
© Naked Coconuts Inc., 2013, Canada.